At Educate Tomorrow we are committed to being responsible for the effective and efficient use of every dollar raised. We are committed to best practices and transparency as we attempt to serve our community well. We encourage our current or potential supporters to review our audited financial statements and 990's and to look into our Guidestar account. We believe in donor privacy and rights and we respect those individual wishes.
To see how much money has been donated to Educate Tomorrow, and how we’ve used those funds, read our financial statements below.
For functional expense, our program percentage was as follows:
- FY2017: 86% of $1,952,056
- FY2018: 86% of $2,761,520
- FY2019: 86% of $2,896,826
- FY2020: 86% of $3,018,608
Donor Privacy & Rights
We believe that philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.