Privacy and Confidentiality Notice
Educate Tomorrow, Corp. understands the importance of safeguarding the privacy of your personal information. This notice describes how the organization handles your personal information and what steps the organization takes to protect the privacy of this information.
Collection of Information:
The organization collects personal information about you in the course of servicing your file in those instances where it is useful and allowed by law. The type of information collected may include:
- Information the organization receives from you on applications and other forms;
- Information about you & your communication with the organization, affiliated organizations, or others; and
- Information from SAFETYNET (Mentor - background check)
Sharing personal information:
The organization does not release any personal information on current or former volunteers or mentee/guardian other than as permitted by law without the volunteers or mentee/guardian prior authorization. Disclosures permitted by law include:
- Providing personal information concerning your file to organizations & others (i.e. schools) that perform services on the organizations behalf. These service organizations & others agree to safeguard information about you and must abide by applicable law.
- Providing personal information to volunteers and mentee/guardian with your prior consent for the purpose of servicing your file, match facilitation as well as education and career planning.
Security Procedures to protect Information:
The organization restricts access to your personal information to those employees who have a need to know that information. Employees who have access to your information are required to protect it and keep it confidential. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information.